Saturday, July 6, 2024

Costa Maya - port Icon of the Seas

 Our next stop was Costa Maya. I was originally going to book another snorkel excursion here, but I thought we might want a break. I decided to book a tour to Chacchoben ruins through Native Choice. We visited these ruins on a previous trip, but the kids were very small then and didn’t remember it. It advertised small tour groups, but we had a nice big air conditioned bus. It was nice and comfortable for the hot day. We found the meeting spot pretty easily although exiting the port was a little confusing.


Costa Maya Port

Meeting spot for excursion

Nice big bus

Others on our excursion were late. We waited about 40 minutes for them and then we left. On the way someone called and then we waited for the missing passengers to arrive. So we got about an hour late start to our trip. The guests offered zero apology when they got on the bus. 








The tour was nice. The guide was knowledgeable and the group wasn’t too big. I think there were maybe 25 guests on the tour? We had plenty of time for photos. It was super hot. I wished I had brought a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment